Abid Ismail named as new CEO of AXELOS
03 December 2015
Today AXELOS is announcing some changes to our senior leadership team including the appointment of Abid Ismail as the new Chief Executive Officer.
Abid, who is our former Chief Finance Officer, replaces Peter Hepworth, who is moving to a senior role within Capita plc and will remain on the AXELOS board as Chairman.
Abid has been with AXELOS since day one, on the executive board as Chief Financial Officer since the business was formed in 2013, so you should expect continuity as we continue to work closely and collaboratively with you to shape the future of the best practice portfolio. Abid’s appointment as CEO comes into effect on 1 January 2016.
Peter will remain closely involved with AXELOS by stepping up to be Chairman of the Board.
Other changes to AXELOS’ executive leadership team include:
- Chris Barrett has been appointed as Chief Strategy Officer – with responsibility for ITIL®, our PPM portfolio and the new AXELOS Professional Development Programme
- Matthew Hunt has been promoted into the role of AXELOS’ Legal and Operations Director – with a clear focus on improving how we can support you from an operational point of view
- Daryl Flack remains as Chief Information Officer, with the added responsibility of being general manager for AXELOS’s RESILIA® portfolio
- Frances Scarff remains as Chief Products Officer and Caroline Shirley remains as Chief Marketing Officer
- We are currently recruiting a new Chief Customer Officer, following the recent departure of Kelvyn Lien-Hicks. Chris Barrett is supporting this function in the interim.
As the new CEO of AXELOS, Abid is looking forward to meeting with representatives from our ATO partners throughout 2016 so we can continue working collaboratively in developing the Global Best Practice portfolio and meeting our core objective of making organizations more effective.
itSMF International Chair, Shari Brunette, chatted with Peter Hepworth and Abid Ismail in advance of the announcement. Shari congratulated Peter and welcomed Abid to his new role. She said, “itSMF and AXELOS have a strategic partnership and we are excited to work with Abid in furthering joint activities. The focus right now has been on communicating to our Chapters and helping members understand how this partnership adds value to their itSM experience. ”